I love this soup, it’s so easy to make and full of good flavours. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover chicken. You can do it with prawns or beef instead and the soup can also be as hot or fresh as you want it, just add extra chillies! 😉
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (or leftover chicken from a roast)
- 1 handful each of frozen sweetcorn, green beans and any other veggies you fancy
- 2 red birds eye chillies (use less and deseed them if don’t like heat) finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 inch peace of ginger finely chopped
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 1handfull of fresh spinach
- small bunch of coriander chopped
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 liter of chicken stock (or more if you like a lot of liquid)
- 1 tsp Thai 7 spice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 dry kafir-lime leaves
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 star anise
- 4 nests of dry rice noodles prepared acosding to package instructions(or any other noodles you fancy enough for four people)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients appart from a handful of the chopped coriander and the spring onions in a large pan and bring up to boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Take off the heat and serve in bowls topped with fresh coriander and the spring onions.