Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 celery stick
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small parsnips
- 5-6 bigger carrots
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare all vegetables apart from the fresh coriander by peeling and roughly chopping them.
- Put all prepared veg in a large pan, add the olive oil and a bit of water, cover and gently sautee them for up to 5 minutes.
- Season, add the spices, cover with boiling water about 1-2 inches above the veg (depends how thick you want the soup) and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat so it’s just simmering gently, cover and cook for 30 minuted or until the carrots feel soft.
- Chop the fresh coriander, add to the soup, take off the heat and check the seasoning. Let the soup cool and blend until smooth. You can do it up to 12 hours in advance and store in the fridge or sere it straight way.
- To serve: warm the soup through and optionally serve with warm crusty bread. You can swirl a spoon of creme fraiche in each bowl if you want a bit of creaminess but I like it as it is.