I love this soup! It’s like a lazy salad in a cup! It’s amazing and so good for you. You can also change/ alter the ingredients to taste and even add chillies if you want.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 ripe good quality tomatoes ( I use vine tomatoes)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 red peppers
- 2-3 slices stale bread like sourdough or ciabatta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- a sprinkle of dry oregano
- a small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop everything roughly as if you are making a salad, into a large bowl. Add the bread in chunks, dress with salt and pepper, oil and vinegar and mix well.
- Cover with cold water about 1-2 inches above the veg. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Blitz the soup with a blender, adjust the seasoning if needed and serve cold.
- It’s great as a starter or on its own.
- On hot days you might want to use some ice cubes with the water.
- For a lighter version don’t put the bread in.